[TenTec] AFSK and VOX?

JAMES T BRANNIGAN JTBRANNIGAN@prodigy.net
Thu, 6 May 1999 20:24:40 -0400

I use PTT on RTTY...The manual says that the VOX does not switch fast
enough.
kinda strange....The VOX circuit must introduce enough delay so that input
audio will produce RF before all the TR switching kicks in.....Since the
first syllable in SSB will usually not produce full RF out, I guess the rig
can handle it...but a tone can produce full RF and this might cause a
problem...

I'm glad you pointed this out...I'm about to hook PSK31 to the OMNI VI and
was not planning on using the PTT line...

Darn...his complicates things...I was just going to hook my sound card up
the the radio and try out PSK...now I have to integrate it into the packet/
SSTV/ CT keyer/ 3 radio audio switching boxes....

Jim