[TenTec] Re: Pegasus: The Answer...

L. Kayser kayser@king.igs.net
Mon, 17 May 1999 07:33:16 -0400

 From a message by Roy Koeppe

This doesn't pertain to mobile, but your stiff fingers statement fascinated
me a bit:

    "I will tune with a few buttons, spaced
optimally for my stiff fingers.  I will push two of the buttons
together..."

Are you aware of just how slow a tuning rate it is possible to option the
OMNI-6+ for?  It's possible to achieve truely a snail's pace! Easy for
accurate tuning even with OT's fingers on the big knob.

73,   Roy    K6XK

Hi Roy:
The OMNI6 + is a great rig, just not for me.  The RF and AF gain controls
are not digital and I need a funny kind of tuning knob, about 5 miles long.
 If it wont work in the remote station then it wont be here.  I have no HF
rf stuff in the village at all and only a small station at the Island QTH,
the main station is the Remote.

I have put many hours into the remote tuning thing here.  On a standard PC
keyboard I have grabbed programatically all the keypad keys and i use them
for remote tuning.  I am experimenting now with how to inegrate a CW sender
to tell me what QRG I am on but I have found (for me) that I prefer 50Hz
fine steps and 500 Hz large steps for tunning around.

CU on 7020.5

73, Larry VA3LK