[TenTec] Internet remote Pegasus?!! (Carl W2CSH)

M.Pender steam@megsinet.net
Mon, 17 May 1999 18:21:52 -0500

Hello Carl es all!
The internet remoting of an hf rig for use by
disadvantaged or limited hams sounds absolutely
fantastic. What a great service. I wonder, is the
internet delay much of a problem, or is it small
enough to work around?

   My father lives in a retirement trailer park in Florida
and something like this would be just the ticket.
Your post has really opened up my eyes to some
possibilities. Think if many clubs and/or hams
set up a remote hf rig available over the internet.
Wouldn't have to be full time. A guy could log the rig
on the internet to make it available for a few hours
each day or night. The times of availability could be
posted for users. The connect and disconnect
could even be automatic. Hmmmmmmm. :-)
Possibilities..........
       Mike Pender   N9IVO:   Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
       E-Mail:          steam@megsinet.net
       Web Page: : http://www.megsinet.com/~steam
       Fax:              708-795-7003