[TenTec] Corsair info, other misc.

Al Gulseth agulseth@juno.com
Fri, 21 May 1999 14:50:15 EDT

1. I would like to hear from Corsair current or former owners as to your
impressions of the rig; especially, what difference the model 220 8 pole
filter upgrade makes on the Corsair, and how it compares to the Corsair
II. Also, what is a stock Corsair (i.e. no optional filters) in average
condition with matching 260 p/s worth?

2. Scout owners who have used other gear: How does the Scout compare to
other rigs, especially the Corsair(s) or Omni C/V/VI, in "hearing" --
sensitivity, selectivity, and handling of strong nearby signals?

3. A bit off the subject of T-T, but how should a roller inductor's
sliding contact/bar be cleaned and lubricated?  I have one that I picked
up at a hamfest; the bar appears to have been greased in some way by a
previous owner but is now dry and doesn't let the sliding contact move
properly.  Any suggestions?

4. Even further off the subject, does anyone have any experience with
servicing key contacts on electric/electronic organs?

Please respond to me direct as I have received some incomplete reflectors
recently.  I don't mind if you copy your response to the reflector, but
please also send it to me to make sure I get it.

TNX/73,

Al  WB5JNC

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]