[TenTec] Pegasus & virtual time...

Radman radman@best.com
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:07:13 -0800

Guys,

I've been running the Pegasus software for a week -- without a Pegasus. My
primary interest is in studying the PC/human interface that TT has designed.
Interesting! You can download it from the TT site for free.

Re: "Pegasus time"... in Win95, once you've installed Pegasus software (from
the TT site) your computer will synch the Pegasus front panel display --
both UTC and Local time. You can verify this by going into
Start/Settings/Control Panel/Date-Time on your system and watching the
Pegasus synch -- right to the second. Pretty cool !

Seems obvious that the RTC (real time clock) is in your computer, not the
Pegasus ;-) Nor can I imagine a need for "dueling" RTC's -- one in the
computer and one in Pegasus <gasp>!

It would be fun if Ten-Tec offered some "sound samples" via Real Audio off
their web site, such that one could spin the Pegasus tuning dial, move the
sliders, change filter widths and hear what's going on. Interesting
interface.... :-))

73,

Conrad Weiss - NN6CW