[TenTec] Building a 1254

Kirindor@aol.com Kirindor@aol.com
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:28:56 EST

I am building a Tentec 1254 reciever and have run into a problem. I was less
than careful and installed a transistor (Q8) backwards. When the radio didn't
pass the progress test, I carefully rechecked and found my mistake. After I
took the transistor out, I tested it, but unfortunately it was dead, so I
replaced it. The radio still does not pass the progress test and I am afraid
that I have blown the product detector (U7) as well.

Is there any quick test I can perform on the IC? or is there anyone out there
that can give me good voltage reading on the U7 pins?

73 Adam
kirindor@aol.com