[TenTec] CT and Omni VI Plus CW Keying - Help!

Brian J Keegan brimail@home.com
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 13:57:21 -0500

Almost SS  zero hour and I just connected my trusty old patch cord between
the PC's COM1 and the KEY jack on the rear of my Omni VI Plus. Problem is as
soon as I connect the 2nd end of the cord the radio goes into keydown mode.
This patch cord has worked for years on my FT-101E, Argosy II, and TS-450.
I've checked it with an ohm meter and it's not shorted.

Does the VI Plus require a pin configuration different from the rest? I'm
using a DB-9 connector. I believe it's wired on pins 4 and 5. If all else
fails I'll send the old fashion way - by hand.

Brian KF2HC
kf2hc@njdxa.org