[TenTec] Pegasus power supply . .

David McClafferty at060@chebucto.ns.ca
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:08:26 -0400 (AST)

The Tentec supply has overcurrent protection that will protect your finals
if you transmit into something with very high SWR. I don't know what built
in protection the Pegasus has but it does not have the built overcurrent
protection that the Paragon/OMNI V or VI have. The tentec supply has a lot
filtering and bypassing so RF won't cause it go out of regulation. The
speaker is not of much use with the Pegasus as it does not have an
external speaker.
The decsion was easy for me, I traded my OMNI V for the Pegasus and kept
the 562 supply.
					73, Dave VE1ADH