[TenTec] [Fwd: BOUNCE tentec@contesting.com : Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i]

ac5aa@juno.com ac5aa@juno.com
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:49:37 -0600

I'm installing a mobile rig  (ok, it's an IC-706, sorry...) and had a
Hustler antenna until last month when I found a new/old stock Outbacker
500 at about half price.  Last weekend I went to a friend's house to test
it on his mobile setup, and, boy, we were both surprised how well it
worked.  It's the same, I think, as the current Outbacker OB8-HP and
stands almost 6' tall with only a 4" stinger for tuning.  We got 5-9
reports into California, New Mexico, and Pennsylvania on both 17m and
10m.  There are cheaper antennas available, but if this one works as well
on my car as it did on his, I'll be very happy.

	73,  Duane    AC5AA

On Tue, 09 Nov 1999 16:43:52 -0800 Jim Lowman <jmlowman@ix.netcom.com>
writes:

> To: tentec@contesting.com
> Subject: H e l p "Mobile Antenna" for Scout
>
> I am waiting for my TT Scout to arrive and I am now wondering what
> use for a mobile antenna . I have read about the "Ham Stick " and
> have
> recently heard about the Comet CA-UHV.
> Can someone suggest or recommend a mobile antenna, what do you use?
>
> This is a great group as i await my Scout, I feel  I will be using
> this
> alot.
>
> Thanks
> Don/VE6CI