[TenTec] Mobile Antennas

Rovas, William Rovasw@tacom.army.mil
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:27:46 -0500

Considering Mobile Mounts, on my minivan, I use a heavy duty CB (4 magnet)
mag mount with the shorty Hustler mast and a spider for three radiators.
The rig works 40 and 20 meters very well, is low profile and simple to
remove.  75 Meter performance isn't that great....

On a different approach someone may want to evaluate, check some bicycle
shops for bike racks that slide into bumper hitches.  They could provide a
swing down capability and are heavy duty enough to support a Bugcatcher.
Also, the mount would be elevated higher than bumper level.  Cost that my
brother in law quoted wasn't too bad either.....  Ofcourse, you may have to
do some finetuning, but the heavy duty support capability is there....

73's  de  Bill, WA1APX/8