[TenTec] Omni 6+ problem inquiry

Greg Hodsdon k7kj@teleport.com
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 12:09:13 -0800

I'd be willing to bet your problem is the encoder. I experienced a similar
erratic behavior when my Omni6+ was delivered a year ago. TT sent out a
replacement encoder and the problem was resolved. Try swapping the main
encoder with the RIT encoder and see if there is any change in the display.
This can be done easily be changing the connectors on the board.  When the
301 kit arrived the encoder was dead out of the box. TT also replaced this
encoder under warranty. Hopefully, TT doesn't have to replace 2 out 3
encoders it ships to every customer.
Greg, K7KJ
Portland, OR