[TenTec] Using an amplifier with a Scout 555

James Morgan James Morgan" <dinsmore@gte.net
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 04:34:20 -0000

I use my Scout with an amp from trime to time... with the Ten-Tec Centaur
411 amp.
Both phone and cw... I have the control mod installed in the Scout as listed
in the manual. and it
works just fine.  The Scout drives the 411 to over 400 watts output on all
bands and will give
the punch needed to crack a pileup when all else fails.
The mod simply gives you a lead that goes grounded on transmitt that you can
control your
amplifier with.  (Most amps have a phono or similar jack for controling its
transmitt and standby
functions).   Put in the mod on the Scout, run your shielded cable to the
amp control lead and
have a great time.... good luck and good DX  73  Jimmy AE4NA