[TenTec] CAT and the Omni VI+

Steve Bookout nj4f@erols.com
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:50:36 -0500

Hello again,

Understand, I'm not the software guy (that's my partner), so I may be a bit
rough around the edges, but as I know it, the program will poll the rig
every 5000 ms (5 sec)  This should only occur when you are in the 'adding
real time' mode.  No reason to do it otherwise.  This value can be set by
the user if desired.
I believe it will change things if needed, as needed, between regular
polling events.  If you change the mode of the rig, it occurs instantly in
the program.  I guess, if the status quo is unchanged, it goes by the
polling rate, if things change, it does it now, as needed.

It's one of those things I've seen a 'million times' but can't remember.  I
would check it out but not hooked up between the computer and the
rig.  Currently, here in my office, I have no less than 7 computers, 5
monitors, 6 keyboards and 5 mice, sitting all over the place.   I am trying
to get a contesting network up and running with computers put together from
spare parts and such, for use with Writelog in the upcoming CQWW CW
test.  As it is now, my networking is not working (is that an oxymoron?)

73 de Steve, NR4M

At 07:04 PM 11/16/1999 , Steve Baron - KB3MM wrote:
>OK.  Looks like OMNI VI can operate either way - announce changes or wait
>for a poll.
>
>With DX4WIN, announce changes CANNOT be used - DX4WIN must poll the radio.
>Guess that means when you change something like the VFO freq, it may not
>show up in DX4WIN until itpolls the radio.  WOnder if that is done
>periodically.

Steve Bookout, NR4M (ex NJ4F)
Rapidan Data Systems

'DX4WIN...The way logging programs should be!'
Free demo at http://www.erols.com/pvander