[TenTec] TenTec RX-320 S-meter question.

Robert Weingaertner weingaertner@nac.net
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:26:16 -0500

The calibration standard for S-meters that is usually quoted is
50 microvolts = S9. Likewise, 1 S unit represents a 6 dB change in
signal strength. However, this is far from universal. S meter
readings can vary widely from receiver to receiver and from band to
band on the same receiver. The only receivers that can be considered
truly calibrated are the multi-k-$ laboratory grade ones. Thus you
should consider most S meter readings as relative.

Great quote from Garth Brooks! Amen! 73, Bob WB2VUF