[TenTec] Care and feeding of Triton

JEFF S JOHNSON aa8ve@juno.com
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:27:04 -0500

Well I just finished installing the rebuild kit for the PTO in my Triton.
Thanks to the information from this list I didn't hold off any longer.
By-Gum what a dramastic improvement!  I thought it was OK before (not!)
she is smooth as silk now and tuning is much easier.  Just tune in the
freq. and let go, this is more of what I had in mind for good PTO drive
but I didn't think it was possible with the turns conversion drive
system.  I'm more familiar with the direct drive like Drake uses.

While I had her apart I thought I'd give the front panel and knobs a
cleaning. Wanted to clean the aluminum without buffing or marring the
original texture. I found some aluminum cleaner my wife bought last time
I told her to wash the house.  It is called 'Alumin-Nu' for aluminum
doors and window frames she got it at the hardware store.
 It worked great, brought back the crisp shine in the knob centers and
did a good job on the front panel. It doesn't harm the paint and no
etching into the surface. It does not remove scratches or wear marks on
the surface but sure cleans the aluminum, best I've seen. For final rinse
I used distilled water so there's no water spots left behind.

That's it for today, tomorrow It's on to the power supply for the crow
bar upgrade. Yep yep I love these o'l Ten-Tec's!

73 Jeff aa8ve   Worlds biggest Ten-Tec fan.