[TenTec] please help! my corsair II is sick...

Web Williams kr4wm@bigfoot.com
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 06:56:13 -0500

When I bought mine it was only putting out 80 watts. I traced the
problem to the ALC board, and adjusted a trimmer pot there and
got it back to 100 watts. While examining the board, I found that
a previous owner had replaced a burned resistor (lots of black on
the circuit board around one, but the resistor looked new). I
suspect he had trouble with the ALC board, and had turned the
power down accordingly so as not to have the same problem again.
If the ALC board "tells the power amp" to cut back, it could
create the problem you are talking about.

Good luck! -Web in Myrtle Beach, SC