[TenTec] Re: Sweepstakes and my Omni

Robert bigmack@nortexinfo.net
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:41:58 -0600

I have a neighbor that has a GAP and was running an OMNI VI until finances
forced him into a less expensive radio. I run a HyGain TH6-DX at about 70'
on a tower HE built a few years ago... I bought the farm from him a while
back, he moved himself down the road a ways...

  He does a sched to South America every other weekend, and when I first
got the VI+ he asked if he could use the rig to get to his sched buddy..
The rig was putting out an impressive 106 watts on 15m and the comment from
the South American side was 'WHAT have you done?? You have not sounded this
good in months!' Well, when the neighbor confessed that he was running the
6+ on the tower, the other guy asked if I would let him do it every sched..
We both laughed, and I could see TT envy creeping back into my neighbor...
The NEW gap is up down at his place, and I expect to see some kind of TT
hanging around when he gets the $$$... And just to be the good neighbor, I
invited him back to play with a 'real radio' anytime...