[TenTec] ssb

charles w burkhardt cburk001@juno.com
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:03:01 -0600

Gentlemen:  Got my Omni V on SSB during last weeks SS test.
Interesting-could not understand anyone at first. Finally cranked the RF
gain back to about 9  O'Clock, which helped, then the AF gain back to 9,
which improved things even more, I could  now read most of the signals.
Punched in the attenuator and that  really made a difference, I was then
able  copy   essentially all of the signals I heard. I got the impression
some of the signals were a bit broad and these tended to make copy of
adjacent  signals somewhat  difficult. Anyway , it was a different kind
of fun. Perhaps should try SSB more often, get some practice. Anyone else
copy SSB in this manner? Charlie Burkhardt K0GPF