[TenTec] Pegasus: First Impressions

David McClafferty at060@chebucto.ns.ca
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 11:17:14 -0400 (AST)

Larry is right. I listen a lot on 80 meters in the evening. I have several
neighbours who get on at that time. When they come on the band anywhere I
can tell they are their, as much by the S meter as what I actually here. I
reduce the RF gain and /or switch on the attenuator and they disappear.
Putting the AGC in the slow position helps avoid AGC pumping and S meter
action from the strong signals. I know the specs. don't support it but,
the Pegasus seem to handle this type of situation as well as my Omni V
did.
						73, Dave, VE1ADH