[TenTec] PBT position

JEFF S JOHNSON aa8ve@juno.com
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 10:42:02 -0400

Wolf,
I'd be happy to share what I've found. Don't know how to go about it or
where to begin as there is a lot of info. I guess maybe I just need to
sit down and get it into a file or something. I do think, to do a proper
job on an Omni-V some test equipment is required like a  freq.counter,
scope, rf generator, grid dip, and a Db meter is helpful. It depends on
how much you want to look at.  Another good rule is "if it ain't broke
leave it alone" however I have a tough time staying out of ham gear. I
like Ten Tecs layout which lends itself to being enjoyed inside and out.
No cut hands from stamped tin parts and no impossible little boards
stacked 5 deep or microscopic surface mounted components, it  just feels
like good radio gear.  Must be nice Wolf to have an Omni-VI and an Omni-V
for backup!

73  Jeff, Clarkston Mi.

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999 20:13:56 +0100 "Wolfgang Peringer"
<W.Peringer@bingo-ev.de> writes:
> Hi Jeff:
> Let us have your notes on the Omni V. I have got an Omni V a couple
> of days
> ago as backup for my VI+ and am very interested an all comment about
> that
> rig.
> vy 73
> Wolfgang Peringer