[TenTec] 217 Filter question

vbbond@ix.netcom.com vbbond@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 20:24:46 -0700

Robert wrote:

> Well,
>
>   I have the 217 in N-1 and 218 in N-2... The N-2 setting makes a very
> distinct difference in the overall filtering of the Omni VI+, but when I
> put in N-1 (217) I can hear zero difference.. I have checked, and yes, the
> filter is plugged in correctly, and the jumper is between 1-2 as per the
> instructions.. Is this normal operation for this filter? It seems to be
> doing almost nothing at all, at least as far as my ears can tell....

Robert:
    My setup is exactly backwards of yours: I have the 218 in N1 and the
217 in N2. On CW I note a distinct difference between the two. The 500Hz
TT217 is very narrow and the 1.8KHz TT218 is squeaky but less narrow. ON
SSB, the TT218 is squeaky but SSB signals can be copied throgh it. When
switching to the TT217, SSB signals are all but unreadable. It sounds as
if your 500Hz filter is not functioning properly.

                                  Vince/K7NA