[TenTec] Omni Vi freq drift and poor keyer?

Carl Hyde cshyde@yahoo.com
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:19:54 -0700 (PDT)

We can only verify that the reviewer has provided no
substantiation for his comments such as laboratory
measurements with test equipment. The QST review of
the Omni VI+ makes no mention of these findings and
they provide oscope measurements and waveforms of the
keying envelope. The author also does not mention
whether he leaves his power supply on when he turns
off the Omni. Makes a big difference when the crystal
oven has to re-stabilize. So my feeling is that he is
an idiot.

--- Robert Wooldridge <kc0dxf@yahoo.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> This review of the Omni VI+ indicates that it
> suffers
> from frequency drift and that the cw keying is the
> worst on the market.  Can anyone verify these
> comments?
>
> (See the 4th review down)
> http://www.eham.net/reviews/?review_list=45
>

> =====
> -Bob Wooldridge KC0DXF
> -Web Mail: kc0dxf@yahoo.com
> -Web: http://www.qsl.net/kc0dxf/
> -See Also: http://www.anet-stl.com/~mcsg/
> -Via HAM radio repeaters in St. Louis: 146.85,
> 442.10
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
> Administrative requests:
> tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:
> owner-tentec@contesting.com
> Search:
> http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm

=====
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH

Eagles May Soar, But Weasles Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines!

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.