[TenTec] Frequency Lockup & Memory lost

Piotr Tomczak pito@nera.no
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 10:36:35 +0100

Hello again...

I have rapported two problem over a week ago.
Frequency lockup and I stated that the memory has been lost
or changed to the last used from time to time.
I assumed that the last problem was the result of the lockup as well.

The second problem is fixed now. The backup battery had too low voltage,
2.4V, should be at least 3V. It is strange that the battery was so flat,
the radio is only 4 months old and I had that problem from the begining.
Any way I can not measure any significant current drawn from a new battery so
I assume it has been flat when placed in.
One problem less of my head...

Thanks to repliers who sugested I check all connections and while having
open the box to check the backup battery at the same time.

The first problem is still actual (frequency lockup during the power up)
so,,, If any one has seen it or have a solution I will appreciate
some more suggestions. I notified the TenTec but have not
get any proper answer yet.

Is there anybody using the PS7 from DRAKE to power the TenTec ???

See you in the WW contest !!! (of course on CW)

Best regards
Piotr LA9HFA
   \\\@///
     ·    ·
Piotr Tomczak           Ham call: la9hfa
Nera ASA                  Tel: +47 6724 3135    Fax: +47 6724 4445
1361 Billingstad         E-mail job:        pito@satcom.nera.no
Norway                      E-mail home:    la9hfa@qsl.net