[TenTec] VOX operation Omni 6

vbbond@ix.netcom.com vbbond@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:44:15 -0700

Robert wrote:

> I noticed on the 705, that the VOX switch on the bottom of the mic MUST
> also be in VOX mode... So, on my Omni Vi+ the configuration to run VOX is
> Vox mode on Omni lit (on), 705 mic switch on bottom set to VOX, and, the
> lock button enabled (little black button) so that the red led on mic is
> activated.

According to the instructions that come with the TT705, "When using the
microphone with Ten-tec transceivers, however, this switch must be in
the PTT position." The slide switch on the bottom of the mic is provided
for use with non-TT gear. When using an Omni 6+, you only need to press
the VOX button on the rig and lock the mic on with the black button on
the mic. Hope this helps.
                                 Vince/K7NA