[TenTec] Die Hard Computer Control Jjunkies...

Larry Kayser kayser@king.igs.net
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 07:20:32 -0400

Computer control of HF yacomwood radios.

Greetings:

The Kenwood TS-440 onwards allowed RIT and XIT of the radio.

The First Radio with complete digital control of the essential RF and AF
gain controls was the TS-870 (although this radio has incomplete and some
non functional firmware) and the first complete radio was
the TS-570, all firmware working properly.  The Kachina was next then the
Pegasus.

If anyone knows of any other completely digitally controlled radios I sure
would appreciate knowing about them.  The FT-1000 has the RIT and XIT but as
far as I know today no other yacomwoods have RF or IF gain controls setable
through the serial port.

Incidentally it is relatively simple, with some small time delays, to
implement RIT and XIT on any radio with digital control of the VFO IF the
same computer is used for the Keying of the radio on CW or the PTT on SSB.
Just shift the radio to the desired TX frequency and back as one goes from
transmit to receive.

If anyone knows of other radios with Complete serial port controls then
please let me know, I would appreciate it very much.

Good Luck

Larry
VA3LK