[TenTec] VOX operation Omni 6

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:30:21 -0500

The PTT/VOX switch enables (in the PTT position) and disables (in
the VOX position) the PTT switching transistor circuit to the
radio.  Some radios don't need PTT activated to operate VOX.

The purpose of the battery is to provide battery voltage for the
audio and PTT circuits.  In most/many/some (??) of the Ten-Tec
radios, a +4V dc voltage is provided from pin 3.  Where that is
the case, the battery is not needed and should be removed.   For
circumstances where the mic is being used on a device without the
+4v dc voltage source, then the battery must be put in place.

73,
dale, kg5u

>Vince,
>
>   You got me.. I went over to the rig just now, and, the
PTT/VOX switch on

http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm