[TenTec] TENTEC Web Site down or gone?

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 22:04:34 -0500

We expect TT to have the best products
>and service for their products. And, in my opinion, they do. I
expect that they
>should have just as high of a standard for their Internet based
services. Unfortunately, they do not.

Sorry, Bill.  This is an old debate.

Is Internet a money-producing cash cow for vendors with websites
or isn't it?

I say it isn't.  Not nearly as good as their magazine ads and
word of mouth.  Certainly, not as good as a real live person on a
telephone inquiring about a radio.

I would much rather see Ten-Tec sales on the phone than on the
keyboard making pretty.

At least while they are on the phone, they might be making a real
sale AND staying in business a bit longer.

I would much rather that they stay in business without a website
than have their business suffer and have a golly-gee, whiz-bang
website.  Leave that stuff for Amazon.com, etc.

>If they were to poll this group and ask "What do you think of
our Internet based services?" they would get few well dones and
many "well, since you asked...".

As for T-T polling us, why wait for them to poll?  If you have
thoughts about their website and ideas how to make it better
(more attractive to non-Ten-Tec equipment owners), tell them.
Give them some constructive criticism and positive suggestions as
to what to include to make their site more attractive.

73,
dale, kg5u