[TenTec] Just Gloating

Michael O. Hyder N4NT@wireco.net
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 17:49:39 -0400

Hi Everybody--

A news flash just in from the Tri-Cities Hamfest at Gray, Tennessee.

N4NT snagged a Triton 544 with noise blanker, audio CW filter - AND a model
217 crystal CW filter installed, too.  Pretty neat installation.  The rig
came with a 262G speaker/power supply (and a VOX that just like the rest of
the 262G VOXes is probably succeptible to RF -- wonder what they were
thinking back then).

The front panel is the worse for wear, as are the side panels, and two of
the knobs are not original -- lucky I have all new parts that I've been
saving about 15 years for this very occasion!

Eat your hearts out.

Oh, and the price?  $175 complete.

Regards,
Mike N4NT@wireco.net