[TenTec] Mic. and speech processor questions

Ken Simpson Ken Simpson" <W8EK@fdt.net
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:15:28 -0400

I would just like to say "Amen" to what George said.  It is certainly
true.

The TenTec 234 speech processor is the same type of processor that
George describes.  It pulls about 15 ma from a 13 V DC supply, so it
might be a bit hard on a battery.

I have used a 234 processor on all of my TenTec rigs, since the 234
came out.  If I were to turn it off, people who know my voice would
tell me my audio sounded "thin".  No one has ever said I had
distortion.

To put it another way, the proper used of RF processing adds about as
much punch as a small amplifier, but does not need to add distortion.

73,

Ken, W8EK