[TenTec] Thanks for the input, more changes to want list :)

Caitlyn M. Martin caitlyn@netferrets.net
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 21:32:37 -0400

Hi, everyone,

Thank you for all the input on the 234 speech processor.  The Argosy manual
makes it very clear never to hook it up to a power supply directly, but to
rather use the aux +12V connector on the rig.  I'm surprised by Ken's
comments that they had a lot of problems with it, because the explanation in
the manual is very clear, and parallels Ken's almost exactly.  I'll play
with it, get some audio reports, and let you know what I think.

Also, thanks to those who replied (all privately, I think) about the mic.
I am using an old Icom mic. for now, but I would really love a genuine Ten
Tec to go with my Ten Tec station  :)  Any one which was marketed for or
would work with the Argosy is now on my list, including the 215, 700A, and
705A.

Also, I've arranged to buy a used 218 filter, so just the 220 is left on my
list.

Thanks again for being so supportive, and helping me set up the closest
thing to a perfect Argosy station.

73,
Caity
KU4QD