[TenTec] I want a really good receiver

George T. Baker w5yr@swbell.net
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 23:41:30 -0500

You can view them on the respective web pages. Hands down, the Kachina is
shielded plus while the Pegasus appears to be simply boards in a case.
Not fair since I have not actually seen either unit, but that is the
impression one gets from the photos.

Again, there is no law saying that the Pegasus requires shielding - it
appears to work well enough without it - whereas the Kachina for whatever
reasons incorporated a major dose of it.

72/73, George
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 54th year and it just keeps getting better!
R/C since 1964 - AMA 98452   RVing since 1972