[TenTec] Interference

pbigelow@us.ibm.com pbigelow@us.ibm.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:42:04 -0500

Hello,

Some of the WORST interference problems I have ever
had came from:

1. "Wall wart" power supply for a telephone answering machine
2. Color television

Mind you, the "Wall wart" problem was in a NEIGHBOR'S
house and put out noise all over the spectrum.  It was
unbelieveable. I had the power company come over -- they
couldn't detect a problem.  We wound up having to go to
house to house to isolate the cause.

The color television also put out interference much like the
"wall wart".  The television was one of the newer types with
no power transformer.

These days the trend of "wall warts" is to use a switching
power supply.  Cell phones rechargers are good for this.
Nasty, nasty beasts.

Thanks,

73 Paul