[TenTec] Pegasus

Carl Hyde cshyde@yahoo.com
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 13:23:05 -0700 (PDT)

> The sound card is a DSP!
>

> > How many hams even know what a DSP really is and
> > would be capable of writing
> > the software anyway !

Any of us Hams who use PSK31 mode know that a sound
card is a DSP and there are plenty of programs out
there to make a sound card do everything from RTTY to
Hellschreiber, to spectrum analysis, to being an
oscilloscope to AMTOR, PACTOR and CW.  I use my sound
cards for just about everything except sound. PSK31 is
the coolest thing you can do with a sound card and the
software is easy to write. The Pegasus was made for PSK31!!!
===
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH

Eagles May Soar, But Weasles Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines!

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.