[TenTec] Pegasus

David Ward wa1rd@home.com
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:32:23 -0400

Hi Gang,
I am new to Ten Tec and new to this group. I received one of the first
Pegasus radios that Ten Tec delivered. I am in love with it - but I have one
caveat for those contemplating getting one of these radios. Make sure you
have a more than adequate 13.8 vdc supply for the radio. I tries using one
of my Astron 20 amp units and a Die-Hard Marine battery - both with no
success. I bought an Astron switcher (30 amp / 25 continuous) for $119 at
Lentinis in Connecticut and now everything is fine. Even running at reduced
power I was distorting on transmit. Once I got the new supply my audio
reports at all power levels and on all the bands were outstanding. I am very
happy that Ten Tec did not put a processor in this radio. My audio reports
have met and passed muster from some of the fussiest groups on 80 meters. I
am very relieved that Ten Tec has validated my trust in them.
Dave WA1RD