[TenTec] Playing the Mic Game

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 23:27:34 -0500

>     If you're in a quandry as to a reasonably priced "natural
sounding"
>electret desk mic, give the TT705 a try. Virtually everyone on
this
>reflector who recommended the TT705 told me I would keep it if I
tried
>it. They're right!
>                                       Vince/K7NA
>
>--

I agree wholeheartedly, Vince.

I've even used it in the few SSB contests I either got roped into
participating in or just jumped in to play for a while.  In one
venue, I simply tape the base to the top edge (above the F keys)
of the keyboard and talk to the mic.  I found that to be
extremely tiring after a while.  So, I got my Nikon camera strap
(wide, cloth), clipped the strap ends to the mic neck at the base
and taped them in place, then hung the strap around my neck with
the base on my chest and the mic pointing right at my mouth....a
clumsy, but effective, lavalier mic.  It was much more
comfortable than talking to the mic on the desktop or on the
keyboard.

Food for thought...sorry if it offends anyone's sensibilities as
to the purity of SSB operating techniques.....

:-)

73,
dale, kg5u