[TenTec] Playing the Mic Game

Carl Hyde cshyde@yahoo.com
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:03:31 -0700 (PDT)

If you buy the 705 in the kit form from TT you can
easily construct it as a boom mike.  Put the
components of the base section into a project box,
extended the element cable with shielded mic cable and
attached the flexible neck and mic element to a set of
decent headphones and it works great. Like you, I
tried many mics and the Ten Tec works the best. You
save 20 bucks if you buy the kit and put it together
yourself. Takes about 30 minutes.

--- vbbond@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> List (Especially new Omni6+ Owners):
>
>      Having recently acquired a new Omni 6+, I
> decided to confound and
> bore my ham friends to death by playing microphone
> musical chairs with
> the assorted microphones I've collected over the
> past 38 years.
>      I tried a D-104 (non-amp'd), shure 444, Electro
> Voice 630 and a
> Heil Pro-set (with HC-5 element). Long story short:
> none totally filled
> the bill for me.
>      Subsequently, a query to his reflector revealed
> similar results
> from several other Omni users. The consensus that
> emerged: try the Ten
> Tec 705 desk mic. I thus ordered one and received it
> a week ago.
>      I can say that it does, in fact, deliver clean,
> clear audio and
> lots of it. Most of the reports I am now receiving
> describe my audio as
> "very natural and life like." I also find that I no
> longer have to run
> the vox gain wide open in order to properly trigger
> the circuit. My mic
> gain and processer controls all are now at 8:30-9
> o'clock levels.
>      If you're in a quandry as to a reasonably
> priced "natural sounding"
> electret desk mic, give the TT705 a try. Virtually
> everyone on this
> reflector who recommended the TT705 told me I would
> keep it if I tried
> it. They're right!
>                                        Vince/K7NA
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
> Administrative requests:
> tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:
> owner-tentec@contesting.com
> Search:
> http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm

=====
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH

Eagles May Soar, But Weasles Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines!

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.