[TenTec] Scout AUX 13.8 Volt??

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 17:43:32 -0500

>That's when I went into shock!  The manual indicates that this
outlet
>is to be limited to 2 amps.  BUT it is neither fused nor
switched!  So
>you plug in the fan and it begins to whirr drawing off the
camper
>battery.
>
>I know, it's only milliamps but come on TT would switching and
fusing
>this supply have been all that difficult??

I guess I must be missing something, Rick.  To what current level
would they fuse the aux output for?

It seems to me that the onus should be on whoever plugs whatever
into the output to install proper fusing in the line.  After all,
how can TT possibly know what you are going to plug in to the aux
V output?  I'd just go to Radio Shack, get an inline fuse holder
and a set of the appropriate sized fuses for the device.  The
upside is that (1) the device is now fused, and (2) wherever else
you plug that line for power for the device, the fuse is now
there.

http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm