[TenTec] Memory & Power up problems VI+

Piotr Tomczak pito@nera.no
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:53:43 +0100

Hei...

I do have a question but first I have to inform that I have
allready talked to Steave at TenTec. They suggest master Reset...

The problem is following:
Sometimes when I turn on the Omni VI+ the first digit of the display
is 8, the rest is the same as was when I turned it off.

##
When the Mest significant digit is 8 I can not change freq by turning the
knob. When I switch the bands all is OK on other bands.

##
Occasionaly, the power up resets the frequencies stored in memory as well.
Some of them will be set to the frequency I enter directly to go out of the
lock up.

##
The Omni has an option in Config Menu nr.3, which can controll
how the numeric key pad shall work. It can be sett either as dirrect band
changer or
as dirrect frequency entry key pad.
Once, the Key pad changed from the direct band to direct freq.
When I went to the Menu 3 the flag was still for
direct band. So I had to change it over to direct freq and again change it
back to direct
band to get it working again...

I did the master reset as well, but it is not the point to reset the system
once a week.  (master reset = power Off, Enter IN power on with enter In)

Any solution ? Does any body had the same problems ?
I do like the radio but I begin to be angry when I have to enter the
memory freq once a week.... It was fun first time...

I do use Drake PS7 heavy duty Power supply.
I do switch the PS7 first before I switch the Omni VI+.
I do not have any measurable spikes.
I do not have unstable voltage.

with best regards
Piotr Tomczak LA9HFA
Family supporter of "double trouble" dx-pedition to T31 & ZK3"
   \\\@///
     ·    ·
Piotr Tomczak           Ham call: la9hfa
Nera ASA                  Tel: +47 6724 3135    Fax: +47 6724 4445
1361 Billingstad         E-mail job:        pito@satcom.nera.no
Norway                      E-mail home:    la9hfa@qsl.net