[TenTec] Omni 6 Microchirp

Allen Bush AE0Z@compuserve.com
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 21:00:50 -0400

Gents:

I realize the micro-chirp issue in the OMNI 6 has been dealt with at length
in the past.  Several areas of potential cures were discussed.

I need to hear from anyone who has identified the microchirp and
successfully cured or greatly reduced it by filter replacement ONLY.  I
would like to know which of the IRC filters (if any) were successful (wide
enough) to eliminate the problem.

I have identified the chirp in a radio I am working on and by bypassing the
stock filter used in the transmit chain the condition seems to completely
disappear. (Lending support to the conjecture that the lower edge of the
filter is too close to the CW BFO frequency)

Before spending a hundred dollars on a filter, I would like some first-hand
experiences.

Thanks in advance!

Allen Bush, AE0Z

ae0z@compuserve.com