[TenTec] Pegasus - computer and monitor noise.

Richard W. Hemingway rheming@attglobal.net
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:33:56 -0500

Well, last night the 20 meter band was much less noisy than during the day
and I found that I could hear quite well over most of the band.  The
general band noise and hash was not great but lower than before and I found
quite a few stations I could hear even on my stealth Isotron antenna.  The
general band noise could not be eliminated in part or at all by turning off
the monitor.

However, there are a number of noisy peak that are about 2 -3 K wide ( ie,
14.004-14-006, 14.164-14.167) that wipe out anything you might try to hear
in the band  in that range.  There are about 12 of them.  The spacing is
generally about 54K apart (with a few spurious peaks that don't quite fit
in the pattern).  These are all eliminated when the monitor is turned off!!
 Now I have to figure a way to either get them out of the monitor or shield
them out.

What in the monitor will produce EMI peaks at this spacing??

Thanks,

Dick Hemingway, N5XRD
Plano, TX