[TenTec] New Pagasus - looking for software

Jim FitzSimons cherry@neta.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:51:04 -0700

Robert Tortajada wrote:

> Hello all, I am Bob KA2RUU. I am new to the group. I just took the
> plunge and ordered my new Pagasus. While I am waiting with great
> anticipation for it, I was wondering about software. Do must people use
> the beta code?
Robert, The beta code works and is better than the regular software.
This is where the Ten Tec software is located:
http://www.tentec.com/Pegdload.htm

> Is there other software out there that either works with
> or  replaces the tentec software?
> I have heard that N4PY has some software out there for the pegasus, is
> that a replacement to the TT? If so, what are the pros/cons of it vs the
> TT software. Is the N4PY available to the public.
N4PY software is better than the beta code. Carl uses the software himself
and he responds to reasonable requests. Here is where it is located:
http://www.qsl.net/tentec/pegasus/pegasus.htm

> Is there a developers group for people interesting  in programming
> enchancments?
Ten Tec just released the source code under a GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE.
The firmware is still not open source.
Best regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF