[TenTec] Pegasus - computer noise - JPS and MFJ noise nulling units

Richard W. Hemingway rheming@attglobal.net
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:43:44 -0500

Well, nothing is working very well, although reducing the refresh rate on
the monitor helped.  TT had no ideas, which, of course would involve other
companies products.  They did mention switching power supplies and ferrite
clamps. My P/S is non- switching (Astron RS-20A ) but I never run over 15
watts here - and ferrite clamps have produced no visible effect.  Taking
off the antenna, or the power plug for the monitor (in which case it
doesn't work<gr>) and the cable from the monitor to the computer stop the
peaks and noise.

One list member suggested the JPS ANC-4 (now made by Timewave) or the
MFJ-1026 nulling units.  The ARRL test of the ANC-4 seems more promising
than of the MFJ unit.

Has anyone used either of these units???  Has anyone used either of the
units to try to null out computer noise???

Thanks,

Dick Hemingway, N5XRD
Plano, TX