[TenTec] Mic's Better or Best

ben benk8dit@serv.net
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 19:31:48 -0700

i have and like the heil hm-10 dual mic. i am borrowing a w2ihy audio equalizer and noise gate, a microphone accessory, with the heil
and find that it makes a good thing even better. the unit from w2ihy is commercially made and its built to be used on any xcvr.
what's nice is you can use any brand mic and plug it in to the unit and then tailor it for use on any other radio. i use an icom
sm-6, a
kenwood mc-85 and a shure 444 to good effect on my TT omni 6.
its not a dsp unit, and its not just a preamp, but it polishes up the audio and eliminates background noise. i will buy one of my own
soon.