[TenTec] Power reed relay at output of OMNI/CORSAIR rigs

00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:47:59 -0500 (EST)

Does anyone know what the relay is at the output of the Corsair or OMNI VI
rigs?  The manufacturer/type does not appear on the schematic and my old
eyes don't easily read information on the relay in the rig.  I want to
build an outboard switch keyed by the keyer to bypass the rig - i.e., an
external T/R relay so that I can connect my second rig in parallel for
receiving on the same antenna, but shorting the second rig's input to
avoid damage when transmitting.  I also need to open the connection to
the second rig when transmitting so that the output of the first rig is
not shorted to ground by the first relay.  The second relay needs, I think,
to be similar to that used at the output of the rig.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9