[TenTec] October 7 Festivities

Mike - KC8WR knoxm@scioto.net
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 21:28:49 -0400

I have been watching all the posts about the Hamfest at TenTec on October 7.
Even though I have been there twice already this year, I have some vacation
time I need to "use" or "lose".  Yeah, right....like I'm not going to use
it, just give it back to the company I work for!   Anyway, during the other
visits to TenTec, I stayed at a Motel in Gatlinburg, now....nothing wrong
with Sevierville but, a ham friend of mine bought the Ski View motel in
Gatlinburg.  Rich KC8ITN and wife Angie have owned it for a little over a
year now.  It is very conveniently located just off the main street and all
of the local attractions.  You are actually withing walking distance of the
Hard Rock Cafe and Ruby Tuesdays, just to name a few.  Or, if you aren't
into walking you can take the Gatlinburg Trolly for 25 cents.....and his
rates are very reasonable.....  My wife and I are leaving central Ohio on
Thursday and are going to spend Oct. 5, 6, 7 at Gatlinburg.  I just like
that area, so much so, that if I could I would live there, I love that area!
Anyway, if any of you have not already made reservations and would be
interested in the Ski View as a place to stay, the following link will get
you the basic information, he also mentioned some kinda discount, but you'll
have to contact him about that.
http://www.smokymtnmall.com/skiviewmotel/home.html   I spoke to Rich today,
Thursday and he said he had plenty of rooms available.  Who knows, maybe by
the time this thing happens, we could plan a meal somewhere and have a nice
get together and put some faces with the reflector messages we see nitely.

One last thing, the Ski View Motel is about 13-15 miles from the TenTec
facility.  So, it won't be much of a drive from there.  Also, other than
knowing Rich and Angie, they are originally from my area, I have no
financial interest in the Ski View Motel.  This is being mentioned only as a
alternative to other lodging in the Gatlinburg, Pidgeon Forge, Sieverville
area.

See ya' there,
Mike - KC8WR