[TenTec] Pegasus and PSK31

Jim FitzSimons cherry@neta.com
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 11:11:08 -0700

Fred, I use my Pegasus on PSK31. MFSK16 works on the Pegasus also.
The TCXO helps on these modes since they require stable frequency.
The N4PY software works better since it has a RTTY mode.
The VOX on the Pegasus works great so the extra PTT interface other
people use is not necessary. The mic gian can be turned down low enough
on the Pegasus so that the sound card output can go directly to the aux
input on the Pegasus without an attenuator. You do have to turn down the
output of the soundcard so it will not over load the Pegasus audio.
I also do Hell, Throb, MT63, FSK31, RTTY, and other sound card modes
using the Pegasus.
Best regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF