[TenTec] need price TT Titan amp

Lane Zeitler Ku7i@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:35:01 -0700

Reprotedly Eimac is no longer selling the 3CX800A7 tubes. Supposedly
Svetlana does sell the 3CX800A7 and they are available at RF Parts. I have
not verified any of this but there was a recent thread on 'Amps' about these
tubes.

Lane
Ku7i

----- Original Message -----
From: Joseph Koppi <jkoppi@pclink.com>
To: Ten-Tec Reflector <TenTec@contesting.com>; Jim <aa5f@hiwaay.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2000 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] need price TT Titan amp

Jim:  I paid $1,900 for a late serial Titan 425 (not a Titan Gold) from Ten
Tec in July, 1999.  The amp is in nearly perfect condition.  Just prior to
my buying the 425 from TT, a local ham sold one here for $1,800, also mint.
The local consignment ham store here had a 425 for sale about the time I
bought mine from TT and they were asking $1,600, but I don't know the
condition of that particular amp.

Hope that gives you some idea.  Stan Brock of TT told me within the past 30
days that the late model 425s have a trade in value of $1550.  I suggest you
call Stan and give him the serial number of your amp so that you can
determine the vintage.  Maybe that will help you arrive at a price.

73,
Joe, WØSU