[TenTec] Blocking Dynamic Range

Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw@InfoAve.Net
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:28:52 -0700

Gentlemen:

I run a Omni VI+ on 160M using a 1/2 wave center fed dipole.  While I do
engage the 20 dB attenuator on the input, I haven't observed any problem
with overload.  Even with my neighbor at about 12 miles running a Triton
on 160M slightly down band I've observed no problems.  However the
excessive use of the NB does create some splatter.  But with no pulse
noise why have the NB turned on.  I don't use it unless it's needed.

Happy with mine the way it is.

73
Bob K4TAX