[TenTec] For INRAD 2.8Khz 9Mhz filter users

Barry N1EU n1eu@hotmail.com
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 14:15:24 EDT

INRAD includes a note with this filter only, that says "you may need to
adjust the carrier balance for optimum performance upon installation".

I found that with my Corsair, I was indeed experiencing a bit of carrier in
my transmit audio after installation.  Making the adjustment is very easy to
do if you own an oscilloscope.  You put the scope probe on the output
connector (74) of the DSB board.  You tweak T1 (output xfmr) for maximum
signal (rcv mode).  Hit the PTT switch to go into xmit mode and adjust R1
and R2 for minimum signal.

For Corsair II, the reference designators may have changed.  Procedure for
Omni V/VI may be completely different.

73,
Barry  N1EU