[TenTec] Scout 555

Bill_Ames@hyperion.com Bill_Ames@hyperion.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:25:30 -0400

I to use an astron supply. I discovered the following problem: For some reason
the DC pwr leads from the astron to the Scout were causing a problem. (There is
another problem but I will cover that after this one.) I solved this problem by
going to Radio Shack and getting two of those clip on ferrite filters. You wrap
as many turns of the dc power lead that will fit and then snap the ferrite
closed. One on each lead, as close to the Scout as you ca make it.

Second solution. I had noise coming on the phone line that was from the cable
system. I put some line filters on the phone line and all was well.

My antenna is a full wave horz loop on 80 mt. I listen on 3818 most days (I
really record this group so I can listen to them as I drive to work.)

Bill Ames
KB1LG